Have you seen Grumpy Old Men? First off, I highly recommend it. Secondly, "snow, snow and more snow!" comes from that. Thirdly, it's staged and filmed in Minnesota. Fourthly, it's what Walter Matthau says in response to the weather man saying "snow, snow and more snow!" that makes it one of our favorite quotes. We've used it a lot out here.

Since it's so cold here the snow is really fluffy. It almost looks like the fake stuff. You can practically blow it off your car with your mouth.
I've been doing a bit of the shoveling lately, so I always take Miles out to play while I shovel. I wish I had my camera all those times, but it would just really be in the way whilst I shoveled. He tromps all over in that snow-- with it up to his knees and he just flops down on his belly and lays in it. It seems he definitely has a tolerance for that cold because he had snow in his boot and down his sleeves and he didn't mind. He would have stayed all day if I'd let him. He loves it. Watching him go around kind of makes me think about the back yard I had as a kid and how fun it was to go play outside and explore and be a kid. Aside from the rattle snakes, coyotes, and an occasional bobcat, it was every kid's dream yard. And I don't think I ever noticed that it was 100 degrees. Ah, to be a kid again.... Until then, here we are in Minnesota with lots of snow. The end.
No comments:
Post a Comment