I'm not totally sure what the deal is with the blossoms in Minnesota. Some were finally coming out right before we were leaving, so maybe we just missed it. Anyway, there were these funky looking sort of a blossom as you see below right outside our place:

They seem innocent enough, but going out to check out these blossoms led to a stupid and stressful situation.
It was a Monday, family home evening and we were probably using the Easter/resurrection, all-things-come-alive-in-the-Spring-just like-Jesus-did lesson for the third time. So off looking for blossoms we went.

For whatever reason, Dave and Miles decided to play with this marker thing.

And this right here is when Miles got fiberglass all over his hand. We didn't really know what was going on or why he kept complaining about his hand until we held it under a light and it shined and glimmered with a billion little shards of glass. We did all the fixes we read about: duct tape, washing with a nylon and Miles hated it all. Then I called a nurse to see what we could do to make him a bit more comfortable and she told me that Miles would have to go to the ER to be sedated so they could get all the pieces of glass out. I thought that sounded like serious overkill, but we wound up at the ER. That nurse was smoking dope. The ER nurse at the check in went and talked to a doctor for us who said they would just start by irrigating his hand. Call us crazy, but we decided to not wait for however many hours so Miles could get his hand washed. Moral of the story? Not much of one. Follow your gut, I guess. And fiberglass comes out over time. May you have good luck with all your fiberglass experiences.
1 comment:
Wow, that sucks!
I think I have a better moral to your story. "Don't touch crap that isn't yours."
:) Whadda ya think?
Post a Comment