Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A Fine Establishment

If you've ever driven across South Dakota, you might have noticed 10,000 billboards every 20 miles advertising Wall Drug. The city of Wall, SD has a population of 800 or something and I think every last one of them works at Wall Drug or the close by National Park. I didn't get that many pictures of the grandeur of Wall Drug, but it's quite extensive for such an itty bitty town. It's a little odd, actually. Total tourist attraction. Food and gift shops for all. And talking beavers. And a dinosaur.
We ate some donuts. Well, Dave and I did. Miles had a little bit of a cold which brought on severe picky eating. When Dave laid the donut in front of him, Miles stretched his arms wide out in excitement and got his big eyes and open mouth smile like it was the coolest thing ever. At least he was excited to not eat it.


Miles gladly sat on a horse and we walked around and talked about how it was funny that there's such a big establishment in Wall, SD. I can't say that Wall, SD was on my bucket list or that I even knew about it before we went through, but I guess seeing places like that is just a bonus of moving/driving across states every year or so. Go ahead, be jealous.

1 comment:

Tiffany Fackrell said...

I guess they have made there money's worth with thhose silly billboards because it has trapped us before too! how could we not stop after seeing and reading those millions of billboards!! yep, been to wall drug!! (well me anyway, DAvid and the kids have never experienced its awesomeness, hahahaha)!