Saturday, May 7, 2011

Frankenstein

I got my very fist stitches. On my face. I had a cyst in my cheek there so a doctor cut it out. The blob he took out to sent for a pathology report sort of looked like a tooth to me. But softer and weirder. Anyhow, I had a bit of a hard time trying to get a picture of my wound, but I managed a few for your viewing pleasure.


I showed Miles and told him he had to be real careful and not touch it and blah blah blah and he looked and was interested but that was the end of it. Then last night Dave pointed it out to Miles and was telling him to be careful and Miles took a good, long stare at it and then he didn't want much to do with me. Like it scared him or something. He was willing to take me back this morning though. Usually when he looks at it he kinda touches his cheek to his shoulder and makes a funny face. Maybe it grosses him out. And he has been ultra careful. Like, not touching me careful, and kind of checking up on it and talking about my "blue itches." He's looking forward to the doctor taking them out on Wednesday. And tomorrow I speak in church. And Friday we are out of here for Oregon via several stops and about a week. I'll be lucky if I can crank out some posts to be all caught up before we go. Do you believe in miracles?

And, just as a bonus, and to make this post all about gross type stuff, here's a beautiful picture of Dave when he got pink eye back in January:
Adios!

3 comments:

Marissa said...

Ewwww. Suddenly my white chicken chile soup sitting before me doesn't seem quite as appetizing as it did before I clicked on your blog.

Lindsey Ellis said...

That looks like it was heaps of fun.
Make sure you keep sunscreen on that scar for a year.....Ask your doctor for any recommendations for ointments.

And, Lizzy, Doyle, Logan, and Andy said...

That's pretty cool! Too bad it didn't happen for Halloween.