I have 4 pictures to share from the 4th of July. 4 is the lucky number.
First off, I thought this relish tray I built was picture worthy:


I got skillz.
Speaking of picture worthy food, but not related to the 4th of July, check this out:

My Dad manning the barbeque. We had delicious hamburgers.

We pray, then eat. The day was a lot like last year but warmer and the fireworks were way better.
Here's a cool quote from John Adams about this fine holiday:
"The second day of July, 1776, will be the most memorable epoch in the history of America. I am apt to believe that it will be celebrated by succeeding generations as the great anniversary festival. It ought to be commemorated as the day of deliverance, by solemn acts of devotion to God Almighty. It ought to be solemnized with pomp and parade, with shows, games, sports, guns, bells, bonfires, and illuminations, from one end of this continent to the other, from this time forward forever more.[6]"
He was right!
Click over to trusty old wikipedia to know why he said the 2nd and not the 4th.

2 comments:
Reagan had a jello cake for his birthday. There's a pic on our blog, but that jello cake is not nearly as good as the one Reagan had. Your mom's a professional!
that relish tray is superb.
when do you guys go back to minnesota?
oh and i love your oregon updates.
Post a Comment