I have these old, old sunglasses that live in my car and Miles likes to wear them every now and again. On this particular day, I thought he looked too goofy/cute not to take some pictures. And he was leaving them on for an extended period of time, which he usually doesn't.

This picture kills me with its adorable-ness. Maybe you had to have been there...

Just driving us to Amsterdam.
Also, Miles and I had the funniest conversation the other day. It's a bit colorful and crude; consider yourself warned.
We were at the park playing on a teeter totter that is shaped like chicks. As in baby chickens. Miles was getting a little adventurous and kind of bouncing around and sort of bumped his wiener on the chick. I knew because he grabbed his crotch and we had the following conversation:
A: Did you hurt your wiener?
M: Yeah.
A: Well scoot back a bit so your wiener is right on the chick.
M: No, put your wiener on the chick!
M: No, put your wiener on the chick!
A: I don't have a wiener. I'm a girl. Remember, girls don't have wieners, girls have ginas.
M: Put your gina on the chick?
A: No thanks.
M: Only wieners go on chicks!
A: (Laughing) Yep!
If only you could have been there! I feel sorry for you that you can't see his face in your mind or hear the way he talks. It definitely added to the experience.
Next up, you remember Albert, no? Well, Duane and Pauli (side note: Duane and Pauli are who we've lived with this summer and they are literally the nicest people I've ever met in my entire life. Yes, they have A LOT of stuff, but they are so kind, so giving and without a doubt have hearts of pure gold.) have had some 4 wheelers parked outside and Miles asked what they were upon their appearance. So we told him what they are and Dave said, "they're Albert's. Albert drives them" and made some boy 4 wheeler sounds complete with an Albert-driving-a-4 wheeler impression. Miles was down with that.
Then, we went camping last weekend and some peeps had some 4 wheelers. Miles was excited to see them, of course and we talked about how Grandpa Doug had one when we went camping before. Miles acknowledged all these facts with the one and only priceless child like enthusiasm and then added, "Like Albert!" Funny, and he's always blowing our minds with the things he listens to/picks up on/remembers.
Like, for example (I'm on a roll!), we (and by we I mean I) bought him a piggy bank. Dave was telling me not to because our car is going to be so packed going back to MN, I may have to balance it on my head. Anyway, Miles has been so stoked about this piggy bank. When we were in line to buy it, some peeps put change in it for him and that got him even more excited! He wanted to hold it on his lap in the car and look through the slit to try and see the money inside. He really, truly loves it will all his heart and soul (just trying to instill greed at an early age). On the way back to D&Ps (Duane & Pauli) that evening, Dave started talking to Miles about giving him money for his piggy bank if he cleans up and stuff. I interjected right away and Dave and I started having a conversation about what he could actually earn money for. I don't want regular helping out to be associated with earning money, there are some chores and things that should be done with no questions asked because we are a family, etc, etc, blah blah blah. We talked about it for a good 3 or 4 minutes ultimately deciding we'd have to talk about it/come up with some sort of system later. Then, then (suspense?) smarty pants, huge eaves dropper Mr. Miles says, "I want to clean up." I asked him why and he said "so I can put money in my piggy bank." Dave and I just looked at each other and sort of laughed in our state of "holy crap, this kid listens to EVERYTHING!"
Bingo bango, that's all.
P.S. Please hit me up with all your teaching kids about money, letting them earn money, piggy banking, etc advice.
3 comments:
Haa! Love it! : ) What a funny story. We had family photos taken last weekend, and the photographer told Mason to put his hands in his pockets. Mason proceeds to go Al Bundy and try and stick them down his pants. : )
Mason loves his piggy bank- so much that he's already broken his first one he played with it so much- and for Easter, Christmas, Halloween and birthdays he gets to put $ in- and if he is out and sees change on the ground or if he spies some in daddy's pocket, he gets that too. We don't make him do chores for $- I'm on the same page as you.
Hi Aunt Ash!
This is Courtney.
Lately we haven't been in the habit of gatting money for our chores, but we used to. We had this calender thing. And, we had chores that we were supposed to do, and everyday, we wrote down the chores that we did on the calender, and got 25 cents for each chore, and we got $1.00 for doing our bathroom chores on Saturday. We earned money, it was just the fact of whether you wanted to make the effort or not.
Kids are hilarious. :) Isn't it great that being a SAHM you get to hear every little silly thing your kid says?
As for piggy banks and money . . . Weston is 5 and I JUST (like a month ago) started paying him for jobs. He does not get paid for things like making his bed, cleaning up his toys, helping me set the table, etc. However, I pay him $1 a week if he waters the plants (2 little ones), empties all the little trashes (I think we have 5 that he is in charge of), and vacuums the hard floors with the little stick vacuum (which he LOVES doing). So far it's working out well and he is saving his dollars so he can get "something really big and cool." :)
Post a Comment