Sunday, August 7, 2011

MILES

Mister Miles. Mister Mister Miles.

These were taken at the Portland Children's Museum.

Ladies and gents, tonight I want to write about Miles. I took those pictures at the museum because Miles loves all things on the road. When walk, he wants to know what every sign means. When we drive, he always wonders about the lines and if we are driving on them. He remembers what the signs mean and gives me a lesson-- "Yield! That means wait for other cars. That means wait for this car." An elephant never forgets. Although he seriously cannot grasp that we drive on the side of the lines on the road. It's a fun daily conversation we have.

Approximately every 30-45 seconds, Miles asks me 1 of 2 questions. 1: What are you doing? or 2: What we're doing? It can get a little old so I've tried to get in the habit of just returning the question without answering. Anyway, one day we were in the car, all DAM and I was griping at Dave for something or other and Miles said, "Mom. Mom. What are you doing? Are you grumpy?" No punch line. It was just funny.

Miles sticks his fingers in his eyes. It's like a comfort thing for him. I have no idea how it got started but he's been doing it forever. He only does it when he has his blanket and he's sucking his tongue. It's pretty much the whole backside of his index finger, between his first and second knuckles. I tell him all the time not to do it, but it's like cocaine to him. He's going to be the weird kid in elementary school touching/sticking stuff in his eyes. Tonight I had Miles cleaning up toys and he sort of wandered off for a good 10 minutes or so. When he came back to my presence I asked him what he'd been doing and he said "Just sleeping in the bed and poking mine eye." And there you go. Also no punch line. It was just funny.

The kid is getting so big but I still feel like he's my baby because I don't have any other baby. He's seeming like such a little boy singing and teasing me and just doing little boy stuff. He's way into music. He's super good and this is super boring and I'm tired. The moral of the story is something as follows: I just wanted to write down a couple things that Miles has said/done lately that have made me laugh but I'm too tired to be witty about it. He's a great kid and we love him and his squishy bum. Goodnight.

No comments: