Christmas Eve was a beautiful snowy day and it felt really Christmas-y. Family came over to my parents' house for dinner and we had as best of a nativity as we could muster.

Pretty sure that's a pregnant Mary...
And here we have a shepherd... or Joseph?, a baby Jesus, and a Mary gone shepherd:




Miles refused to participate or even sit with us. Being the mean mom I am, I wouldn't let him go downstairs to play with the toys like he wanted to. I took him over to just sit on the sidelines. I thought he'd give in and come over to the rest of the family, but he can be a pretty stubborn little guy when he wants to be and he just stayed there. I went over to him after a little while and he got his heart breaking sad face where he wants to cry but holds it in minus a lip/chin quiver and some watery eyes... it gets me every time. Poor Miles. He wasn't really into/understanding the whole Christmas Eve thing. A successful and happy day nonetheless.
No comments:
Post a Comment