Sunday, April 15, 2012

Chicago Part Uno

Hey, we went to Chicago a few weeks ago! There was some healthcare conference something or other and Dave's program forked out about $900 per student to go. We figured that could be the DAM FAM 2012 vacation since Dave will start work real soon after he graduates. Needless to say, we said "yes please" and made a super duper family trip out of it.

FYI, I'm a city person. I love cities and I loved Chicago. We packed a ton into the 3 1/2 days we were there and I'd be willing to say my favorite part of the trip was walking the city. I feel like I can't take in enough when I'm in a big city. I just love cities! The hustle and bustle, the energy, the street performers, the hugeness, the buildings, the history, the interesting people... love it.

So here's a few pictures I took while walking the city.
While we were there, the weather was awesome. 80s and Spring blooming all over.





Dave told Miles there was chocolate up there to get him to look. Silly Dave...




Call me weird, but I loved the EL going through the city over the streets. Some parts of it were so ghetto looking and it just really filled my big city love tank.

More Chicago coming your way soon.

1 comment:

sara said...

Ohhh I love Chicago too!! Been there once and would love to go again. I'm acutally itching to go to New York this year, and still haven't given up hope that it will happen. In any case, your pictues are fantastic! I'm glad you had fun!