Friday, April 27, 2012

Three

I feel like it was just a day or two ago that I was posting about our move being six weeks away.  Well folks, as of yesterday, it's now three weeks away.  That's getting pretty close.

Yesterday I was all full of "it feels so weird.  I thought I'd be jumping out of my skin at this time of life, i.e. graduation, real job, moving on, etc.  But I just feel weird.  I can't put my finger on it.  I don't know if it's just not close enough or if I still feel like we'll be transient or what...  etc, etc... blah blah blah."

Then... THEN... tonight I'm doing laundry.  And now I'm like, "YEP. READY TO GO."  I've had the best possible scenario with the whole no-washer/dryer-in-your-dwelling thing.  I don't have to go to a laundromat, and I'm as close to a laundry room as I could possibly be.  A very short walk.  So I load up two laundry baskets, haul them down the stairs, fumble with my infuriating door, and walk my butt (and my laundry baskets) to the laundry room.  I mean, it's not like I have to swim through acid to get to it so what could I really have to complain about?!  Seriously, it could be WAY worse.  BUT.  I do look forward to the day I have a few more amenities than I currently employ.  Which is now 3 weeks, minus one day.

By the way, I have no idea what to expect from Houston.  No idea.  I made a Costco run yesterday.  It was very sunshiney out and when I got back in my car after my shopping, my internal thermometer was like, "Hey Ash.  It's hot in here.  Turn on the A/C."  I obeyed.  Then I glanced at what the temperature was outside.  48.  Soooo... pretty sure I'm going to melt in Houston.  Bid me farewell.

2 comments:

Courtney said...

Houston's weather today- 83 degrees, trust us, it's not that bad right now. Atleast you'll have the gulf nearby......sort of. :)

jessica said...

I am so excited for you! My move is still six weeks away. I am ready. I'm surprised at how ready I am to pack up my life of ten years here. Selling almost everything...except kids and husband. Saying goodbye to my roomy 3400 sqft and embracing 970 sqft is going to be interesting but I am ready. Wish our cross could pass again ;(