Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Conference

So, about a week ago, we had General Conference. Miles, being ever true to himself, watched most of it with us. If he wasn't sitting on the couch with us, he was in the room. Eight hours. We did some coloring together, but other than that, he was not really a distraction. He's a unique little kid, that Miles. He would pipe up every now and then and repeat something one of the speakers had said. He thought it was really funny when Elder Holland said something about pickle juice. And when the missionaries sang on Saturday afternoon Miles said, "All the mens look pretty handsome." I died laughing and Dave looked worried.

Anyway, ever since Conference, Miles has been having pretend conferences. Like every day. If Dave and/or I are around, he has us give a talk. He flips through my small hymn book and sings songs and will straight up say a prayer. I've heard him giving some of his "talks" which are a mixture of unintelligible gibberish and English. I've heard him say,

"OK. This talk is about it's a beautiful day..."

or

"...we all make mistakes..." among other things and gibberish.

Yesterday, a full week after General Conference, Miles came over to me and said, "Mom, there are brothers and sisters at this conference. When you say your talk you should say 'brothers and sisters.'" I was like, OMG, there's not a chance this kid hasn't listened to everything I've ever said and he most definitely remembers ALL OF IT. He blows my mind.

Here is a video of one of his "talks." It's a short one and just about the only part you can understand is the "brothers and sisters" that he so appropriately and attentively opens with. Check it:

2 comments:

Emily said...

"We all make mistakes..." I love Miles!!

Shannon said...

That is too cute and funny! What a great kid.